Brand Extension Marketing Plan
Introduction: The major project in this course is to complete a Brand Extension Marketing Plan for one new product on the behalf of an existing for-profit organization. Using the Marketing Plan guide found in Doc Sharing, complete and submit the following components of your Marketing Plan.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
Tip Brand Extension Marketing Plan
The guide you should use for all Marketing Plan assignments is in Doc Sharing.
- The Kotler & Keller text is extremely helpful to you when completing your ongoing weekly assignments.
- During each unit of our class, a new component of the Marketing Plan will be due.
Unit 2: Identifying and Assessing Marketing Opportunities
2.0 SITUATION ANALYSIS
Write a one-paragraph summary of the current situation – write this section after completing the following sections of the Situation Analysis, but put it in this order.
2.1 Market Summary
(write this section after completing 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, and 2.2) In a 1-2 paragraph summary, address:
- What are your target customer groups? Why?
- What are your projections for the growth of this market?
2.1.1 Market Demographics (refer to Chapter 8 of your Kotler text for helpful definitions/explanations)
- Carefully define the demographic profile of your target market.
- In a similar fashion, define the geographic target area you are choosing.
- What are the behavior factors that will influence your decision-making?
- Define the values and lifestyles (psychographics) of your target market.
2.1.2 Market Needs
- What are the benefits that are important to your customer base?
- What needs to they have and how do you know this?
2.1.3 Market Trends
- Identify and explain at least three trends that will influence how your customers view your product – these should be trends going on in the industry or the environment; these are trends that your company/product can respond to in some way. Remember: trends are long term; fads are short term.
2.1.4 Market Growth
- Is the market growing, static, diminishing? What are the growth trends?
- What is the evidence? What research are you using to determine market growth?
- How will you address the market if it is growing, static, or diminishing?
2.2 SWOT Analysis (refer back to Chapter 2 of your Kotler text for a thorough explanation of a SWOT analysis)
2.2.1 Strengths – list and describe at least three positive internal aspects that add value
2.2.2 Weaknesses – list and describe at least three negative internal aspects that place you at competitive disadvantage
2.2.3 Opportunities – list and describe at least three opportunities external to your business that will lead to your success
2.2.4 Threats – list and describe at least three threats external to your business that will threaten your success (e.g., it is common to include unexpected acts of nature, government and regulatory concerns, and competition in this section of the SWOT)
- Describe your competition.
- Why will customers prefer your product?
- How will you compete with your competition and win?
- What is the marketing mix (price, place, promotion, product, you know them as “the 4 P’s of Marketing”) of at least one of your competitors?
2.4 Product Offering (refer to your Kotler text to make certain you understand these terms)
- Product/features/benefits (we particularly care about benefits as these are from the perspective of the target market)
- Describe your Brand Equity Model and say how you will build brand equity for this product/service.
2.5 Keys to Success Brand Extension Marketing Plan
- List and describe at least three factors that will determine your success.
2.6 Critical Issues
- How will you leverage your SWOT strengths and opportunities to your advantage?
- How will you lessen the impact of your SWOT weaknesses and threats?
- Where is your product in the product life cycle and why? Refer to your Kotler text for a definition of a product life cycle.
Welcome to one of the most trusted essay writing services with track record among students. We specialize in connecting students in need of high-quality essay writing help with skilled writers who can deliver just that. Explore the ratings of our essay writers and choose the one that best aligns with your requirements. When you rely on our online essay writing service, rest assured that you will receive a top-notch, plagiarism-free A-level paper. Our experienced professionals write each paper from scratch, carefully following your instructions. Request a paper from us and experience 100% originality.