Recording Capital Projects Fund Transactions.
Recording Capital Projects Fund Transactions. In Erikus County, the Parks and Recreation Department constructed a library in one of the county’s high growth areas. The construction was funded by a number of sources. Below is selected information related to the funding and closing of the Library Capital Project Fund. All activity related to the library construction occurred within the 2011 fiscal year.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
1. The county issued $6,000,000, 4 percent bonds, with interest payable semiannually on June 30 and December 31. The bonds sold for 101 on July 30, 2010. Proceeds from the bonds were to be used for construction of the library, with all interest and premiums received to be used to service the debt issue.
2. A $650,000 federal grant was received to help finance construction of the library.
3. The Library Special Revenue Fund transferred $250,000 for use in the construction of the library.
4. A construction contract was awarded in the amount of $6,800,000.
5. The library was completed on June 1, 2011, four months ahead of schedule. Total construction expenditures for the library amounted to $6,890,000. When the project was completed, the cost of the library was allocated as follows: $200,000 to land, $6,295,000 to building, and the remainder to equipment.
6. The capital projects fund was closed. It was determined that remaining funds were related to the bond issue, and thus they were appropriately transferred to the debt service fund.
Make all necessary entries in the capital projects fund general journal and the governmental activities general journal at the government-wide level.
5–8 Statement of Revenues, Expenditures, and Changes in Fund Balance. The pre-closing trial balance for the Annette County Public Works Capital Project Fund is provided below.
a. Prepare the June 30, 2011, statement of revenues, expenditures, and changes in fund balance for the capital projects fund.
b. Has the capital project been completed? Explain your answer.
Welcome to one of the most trusted essay writing services with track record among students. We specialize in connecting students in need of high-quality essay writing help with skilled writers who can deliver just that. Explore the ratings of our essay writers and choose the one that best aligns with your requirements. When you rely on our online essay writing service, rest assured that you will receive a top-notch, plagiarism-free A-level paper. Our experienced professionals write each paper from scratch, carefully following your instructions. Request a paper from us and experience 100% originality.