The study of personality from Chapter 8 Behaviour and in Social and Cultural
The study of personality from Chapter 8 Behaviour and in Social and Cultural Context gave us an understanding of how our behaviour is shaped and influenced by groups or external forces whereas in Chapter 14 Theories of Personality , we will look more at the influence of the individual or ‘the self’ on our personality and behaviours. In introductory psychology, personality is often a chapter that students enjoy because of the insight it can give us around what makes us tick and potential influences that have shaped us into the people we are today.
Need Help Writing an Essay?
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paper.Write My Essay For Me
You will read about key theories of personality development; in psychology, there are many theories that enhance our understanding of different concepts, with personality theories being no different.
All psychological theories each have underlying assumptions about human beings and human nature which serve to influence the resulting ideas each theory proposes of understanding human behaviour and experience. They serve as a framework to understand people better.
We often use multiple theories to understand aspects of human experience, viewing these from the respective angles each one takes.
Therefore, we hope as you progress through this week that you will gain a better understanding of yourself and others. In preparation for this week’s journal entry, as you read through the various personality theories, we encourage you to ‘try on’ the theories to help you better understand or explain aspects of yourself and others.
As mentioned, Chapter 14 discusses many lenses through which to view personality development. Prepare a journal entry where you will discuss a) out of these theories which one (or two) resonate(s) most with you, b) which you feel does the best job at explaining personality and why, c) where you see proof of this in your own personality development and temperament, and d) your critique of this theory.
In your entry, please place word-count significance on part c.
Life Span Growth and Development
- Select one individual from each of the following life span divisions:
- Early childhood
- Middle childhood through adolescence
- A total of three observations, one for each life span division, must be completed. You should use the Observation Form.
- Assign a code name to the individual selected at each division of the life span to protect the identity of the subject. The name will usually reflect a characteristic of the individual as illustrated in names such as Miss Brown Eyes or Giggles.
- Observations should be completed in a public area such as a day care, hospital, gym, school, retirement center, church group, athletic practice, or workplace.
- To ensure the protection of the student, the signature of a supervisor (school principal, supervising nurse, gym instructor, etc.) or contact information (including address or telephone number) must be provided.
- Note to deployed students: Age-appropriate characters from family-rated videos may be used as alternate subjects.
- Specific, objective descriptions of behavior must be provided in each category.
- This is a clinical style report.
- Do not state an opinion or make a judgment concerning the behavior; instead, simply describe the behavior observed.
- Note: Young children move rapidly and produce a great deal of observable data very quickly. Older adults may take longer to observe in order to complete each aspect of the observation.
- Use the following guidance in recording observations:
- Be as objective as possible.
- Statements such as, “He is very smart” are insufficient.
- Be descriptive and provide specifics such as, “He uses sentences which contain five words,” “She can count to ten with one to one correspondence,” or “He recalls the discussion on the editorial page of yesterday’s newspaper.”
Welcome to one of the most trusted essay writing services with track record among students. We specialize in connecting students in need of high-quality essay writing help with skilled writers who can deliver just that. Explore the ratings of our essay writers and choose the one that best aligns with your requirements. When you rely on our online essay writing service, rest assured that you will receive a top-notch, plagiarism-free A-level paper. Our experienced professionals write each paper from scratch, carefully following your instructions. Request a paper from us and experience 100% originality.